Hello everyone,
After a long hiatus, I'm back! A lot has happened in my life in the last year, including leaving grad school, moving twice, having a baby, some rather serious legal troubles for a loved one that caused my life to crumble as well, and a few other things. But I've picked myself back up and re-committed. And it's a little early to tell, but I think it's different this time.
Different how, you might ask? Well, I woke up on New Year's Day and I was just...done. Done being fat. Done being embarrassed. Done checking the weight limits of everything to make sure I can fit. Done not participating because I won't fit in the seats/on the rides, etc. I'll be 31 this month and I'm just done with this part of my life.
I know this sounds like what every fat person says at the start of a diet right before they fall off the wagon. But it's been 18 days and I've been on-plan every single day, which is a bit of a record for me. I feel good about it.
Also, I joined Healthy Wage, and a few Diet Bets. My personal healthy wage will reward me with--wait for it--$7500 if I weigh 150 lbs less by July 1 of 2017. That's a lot of money, and a lot of weight--roughly 2 lbs a week. I don't know if 2 pounds is sustainable every week, but the thought of the money has already had me making better choices.
I'm also back on mental health medication. Right now, Lexapro and Wellbutrin. The appetite suppressing effects aren't as awesome this time around, but the control they give me is--I can eat like a normal person without a massive eating disorder, which is amazing.
So everyone, wish me luck!
Current weight: 356.4
No comments:
Post a Comment