Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mmmm, guilt-free margherita pizza!

I am not a great cook, so I don't claim the credit for any recipe that I post here.  It is pretty much guaranteed that I got the recipe somewhere else, and I will try to credit/link to that original source.

With that being said, I cannot recommend enough the English muffin margherita pizzas I made last night.  I based the original recipe off of Rhonda35's recipe on allrecipes.com (see the original recipe here), but I made a few changes based on my own tastes and the recommendations of fellow weight watchers.  I had one and a half of these for dinner last night and was completely full.  Someone who wanted to spend less points on dinner could have just one, with a salad, and could use less cheese or use fat-free cheese (though I personally think that fat-free cheese just isn't worth it).  So without further ado, the world's best easy, fast, and portion-controlled margherita pizzas:

Serving size: 1

Ingredients:
1 English muffin
1 roma tomato
1/2 cup low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
Fresh garlic
Basil

Instructions:
Split the English muffin and then toast it.  While it is toasting, slice the tomato into generous slices.  Remove the muffin from the toaster, place the tomato slices on each half, face-up.  Top with cheese, garlic, and basil.  Move the two English muffin pizzas to a baking sheet (I sprayed mine with pam first) and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Points total for the two completed pizzas (each is 1/2 of the muffin with tomato, cheese, garlic, and basil): 8

I wish I had taken a picture, but I will definitely be doing these again so I will take one then.  My husband and daughter did theirs with jarred pizza sauce from the store and topped with sausage that I cooked up quickly.  I tasted theirs and they were fine, but nothing beats the taste of the warm, fresh tomato on the version I had.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment